Thursday, September 25, 2008

RCA RP5130 512MB USB MP3 Digital Voice Recorder

RCA RP5130 512MB USB MP3 Digital Voice Recorder


Pros
-Good battery life.
-Is about the size of a cell phone. It fits in my cell phone holster.
-Easy to get files on and off of it.
-Multi speed playback.

Cons
-When you turn it off it loses that your settings like the speed you were playing at. So I ride to work and use it to listen to notes or podcasts at fast speed. I turned it off and don't use it again till the next day that I do the same thing and I have to re-set it to fast speed again.
-When you turn it off and come back it looks like you are on the track you left off on, but when you press play it returns to the first one in the folder.
-Bookmark button fell off in the first month I had the device.
-Can't seem to bookmark podcasts that I load on it.
-Interface is not intuitive.
-Occasionally it will flip into different modes. Maybe a button gets pushed while it is in my holster, not sure. For example, sometimes it will slip into just play one track mode. So I take off in the morning on my bike get everything set to play and take off only to find that the device stop playing after the first track and I have to stop my bike and fiddle with the device to get it going. Other times I will try to delete a track and notice that it has slipped into delete all mode. One time I did not notice until it was deleting everything on the device. Might have just been everything in that folder, but that was where the majority of my files were and there were 40 of them. Fortunately they weren't my recordings that I hadn't backed up yet.

No comments: